- Pieces using the finger pattern 01-2-34 plus low 2nd fingers and high 3rd fingers
- 2nd and 3rd position pieces
- A range of bowing techniques, e.g. spiccato, hooked bowing, and string crossing
- Original pieces in different styles plus well-known pieces
- Duets with parts of equal difficulty
- CD with performances and backings for all the pieces as well as tuning tracks; drumkit and bass added for the jazz and rock numbers
- Straightforward piano accompaniments available in a separate volume
Viola Time Sprinters is the third book in this hugely successful series, building on the firm technical and stylistic foundations of Joggers and Runners. You'll find pieces in first, second, and third position, as well as a range of bowing techniques, including spiccato, hooked bowing, and string crossing. The book includes original pieces in different styles, pieces by a range of composers, and duets with parts of equal difficulty, together with a CD of performances and backings. Straightforward piano accompaniments are available in a separate volume.